The RHI at this moment is due to continue until the end of March 2022 and the available tariffs are as per the link below from the Ofgem website.
- The rates are reviewed on a quarterly basis and you should always check for the latest tariffs.
- There is a 30,000kWh cap for claiming heat on ground source heat pumps
- There is a 20,000kWh cap for claiming heat on air source heat pumps
- Heat pumps must have the incoming electricity metered
- All installations should be notified to the local DNO
As the existing Renewable Heat Incentive scheme comes towards an end there are thoughts that this will be replaced by the Clean Heat Grant which is currently under consultation and soon as we have any further details on this scheme we will keep you updated.
Heat pumps have now become an established heating technology and there are an increasing number of people changing to this technology when upgrading their systems, delivering fuel savings and also the reducing carbon impact. If you would like to discuss your opportunities please contact us on 0191 516 6554